The key to controlling sweet tooths isn't eliminating sweets...it's finding ways to substitute that sweet with a healthier option that satisfies you equally, if not more.
I've spent the past few years using my creativity and nutrition knowledge to wipe up the tastiest, yet healthiest snack alternatives.
Today, I'll be sharing one of my go to superfood snacks, especially during the warm summer weather when ice cream cravings spike!
In under 5 minutes, you can have a mouth watering Protein-Rich Açaí Bowl!
In my recipe, you'll notice I substituted Açaí with strawberries, however, both are suitable (I was just out of Açaí so I worked with what I had).
- 2 cups of frozen strawberries
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 1 small frozen banana or 1/2 a large banana
- 2 scoops of protein powder (I used Quest Peanut Butter)
- sliced almonds
- chia seeds
- 1/2 banana
- truvia nectar sweetener
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- Add frozen strawberries
- Slowly add your milk, to avoid pouring too much and having a thin mix. You want the base to be super thick so be patient, it'll be worth it!
- Add protein powder
- Mix on the highest speed your blender has (this will give you the creamy texture)
- Pour into bowl, then add the toppings in your most favorable way.
-I personally LOVE almonds and coconut flakes so I add more of that topping.)
1. In the case that your base comes out too "liquidy", you can save it by adding another scoop of protein or MCT Oil Powder.
2. Save half for later. This recipe makes a HUGE portion which is super filling so why not cut the calories in half and have the rest of it ready for your next craving ;)
Hope you enjoy this snack as much as I do!