You may have seen Wheat Grass at many juice bars and it's received much attention in the natural health world.
It's prepared from freshly sprouted leaves of the common wheat plant, Triticum aestivum - which can be purchased as a supplement form, prepared at home or bought in at a juice store.
What are the benefits?
1. High in Nutrients and Antioxidants: Wheatgrass is packed with a powerful combination of nutrients, making it a superfood. The extensive combination of vitamins and nutrients gives it antioxidant, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Of its 17 amino acids, eight are considered essential, meaning your body cannot produce them and you must obtain them from food sources
2. May Reduce Cholesterol. Cholesterol is a waxy substance found throughout the body.
3. Could Help Kill Cancer Cells.
-Test-tube studies revealed that wheatgrass may help kill cancer cells, reduce cancer development and reduce complications of chemotherapy.
4. May Aid in Blood Sugar Regulation.
5. May Alleviate Inflammation
-Although inflammation is a normal response triggered by our immune system to protect the body against injury or infection, chronic inflammation is a condition that causes more severe complications.
6. Could Help Promote Weight Loss.
-Because wheatgrass contains thylakoids (found in plants that contain chlorophyll and can help enhance satiety) it's presumed that it may increase weight loss
7. Easy to Add to Your Diet.
-It's availability in powder form, juices, capsules and most health shops makes it convenient to supplement with.
*I'm currently supplementing with the powder form and implement it into my daily shakes. The brand I get it from is Women's Best and you can shop for the product by clicking here.
Unlike many wheatgrass supplements online, this brand prices the product very reasonably while offering high quality. ($20)
Leave a comment